Sunday, September 28, 2008

Because I like to give back...



I love lingerie and have spent a king's ransom collecting pieces for years. However too many bows, frills and ruffles prevent me from actually wearing the majority of it. I have an entire drawer full of just garters which is down right foolish when you realize that 36 inches of legs have kept me from owning an actual pair of thigh highs to attach to aforementioned garters. One woman's thigh highs are another woman's over the knees socks...

Every morning I get up and put on something beautiful, lacey, and decadent. I gaze into my floor to ceiling mirror and am thrilled to see a seductress. Then I take it all off and put on the ugliest nude bra in creation and my one size fits every other girl in NYC Hanky Panky underwear. Really, it's magic. Presto Chango: instant matron. You see, I live in the real world where $300 fuschia lace bustiers have no place.

It is out of this debilitating, self esteem crushing morning ritual that Dames and Broads was born. Doesn't every woman deserve to put on (and keep on) gorgeous, wearable lingerie everyday? Well maybe not every woman, but certainly I do.

So in January 2009, i am officially launching Dames and Broads for the inner femme fatale in all of us. Pretty underwear that you can actually wear under your clothes and still feel alluring. Did I mention the average woman will actually be able to afford it? It aint curing cancer but a contribution to society nonetheless...

No comments: