Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Engaging" gifts for the betrothed





A few days ago, a dear friend of mine got engaged to the man of her dreams. I am incredibly happy for her and am quite positive that he just might be the luckiest man in the world. But, there is another feeling at work as well. Surprisingly, it is not jealousy. I am definitely a women who covets and have long ago accepted the fact that I might never view my grass as being greener. However that gnawing longing to be in her shoes does not exist here.

It also doesn't make me hopeful like many of the other over 30 battle weary New York women who heard the news. Not once have I thought, "well if she can find her soulmate then maybe I can too..." If you know this dame then you know there was never any doubt. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty damn fabulous, but she has certain admirable powers (there is this beguiling, hard-to-get, southern belle, subtle sensuality, ladylike thing) that I will never master. As a point of reference, my own mother once said "honey, you aren't easy but you damn sure ain't difficult"--- that pretty much sums up my demure qualities.

But what it does makes me feel is grateful; lucky that I have been her friend long enough to get to see her much deserved happy ending (which is really only the beginning). We have over 10 years in the game together and I am fortunate that I get to witness this part of her life.

Above are just a few lingerie engagement gifts perfect for dear friends. The first is the Sista Shei Silk Tie Side Brief & Eyemask. The second is the
Etoile Bow G String from Kiki De Montparnasse.

Both say "Congratulations and I hope you both have a great sex life till death do you part" in a very loving and inappropriate way.

Hugs and kisses,
M







No comments: